Continuing Care Actuaries is seeking an Actuarial Consultant. This is a strong individual contributor role, which is responsible for all aspects of client delivery from data collection through the analysis and final report. As a member of our team this individual will be exposed to analysis and analytics of retirement communities, long-term care insurance and health insurance.
Join a growing consulting company with good company benefits. You will have direct client contact in providing actuarial consulting to continuing care retirement communities. You will be responsible for managing multiple projects at the same time from the data collection to the final report. All work will be performed in Excel or proprietary software in which you will be trained to work with.
- Manage multiple engagements
- Evaluate quality of data provided and identify additional needs
- Analysis of liabilities and funding mechanisms for a variety of health and long-term care products.
- Assist with the communication of results to clients
- Development of new analysis as needed
- Help coordinate and streamline preparation of annual reporting for clients
- Expected to pursue Associateship and/or Fellowship in Society of Actuaries
Experience & Skills
- 0-5 years of experience in an actuarial role or similar discipline.
- Bachelors Degree
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented with the ability to manage time effectively in an environment with multiple priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey technical concepts to audiences of various levels and diverse technical backgrounds, and to influence business partners to achieve optimal outcomes
- Critical thinker; problem-solver; troubleshooter
- Ability to pass actuarial exams
Continuing Care Actuaries is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer: We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Medical, Dental, 401(k), Study time provided for actuarial exams
Brad Paulis, ASA, FCA, MAAA
Continuing Care Actuaries